According to the Bible, every Christian has been given at least one spiritual gift to use in service to the body of Christ. “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen” (1 Peter 4:10–11; compare Ephesians 4:11–16). So, an important step in determining how to best serve in the church is for us to discover what our spiritual gifts are. Of course, we don’t have to know what our gift is before we start getting involved in the church. In fact, we often discover our gifts in the process of serving. The spiritual gifts are listed in Romans 12:6–8 and 1 Corinthians 12:4–11, 28.
Weekly, monthly and on special occasions there are opportunities to serve here at Dive CC. We firmly believe we are all called to serve, so we do our best to provide those opportunities. Whether you are gifted in singing and playing worship or you desire to be apart of missions we are looking to get you plugged in.
Opportunities within the last year:
- Missions to TN with Helping His Hands
- Volunteering at CRAM
- Facility upkeep (mowing, painting, remodeling)
- Lawrence County Global 6K for Water
- VBS (THIS JULY YAY!!)
- Touch a Truck (This Sept)
- Senior Trips
- Teach Small groups and a Sunday school class
- Be apart of our Welcome Team
- Volunteer in the church nursery
- Mentor younger church members, couples or families
- Hospital visiting
- Help set up for special events
- Cook the Wednesday night meal
- Run the sound system
- Join in the ministry teams that meet as dream cast!
- All this and much much more!
Don’t go to church week after week just to get, get, get. Go to serve! Not only will you help out your brothers and sisters in Christ, but you’ll also grow in faith as well. (Plus, finding the right ministry can be a lot of fun.)